Calling all contractors! It’s that time of year again– DECRA is officially accepting submissions for the 2021 Project of the Year.
The rules for entry are pretty straightforward:
- The project must use DECRA Metal Roofing profiles.
- The project must be completed before December 1, 2021.
- Contractors may (and are encouraged to) submit more than one project.
The job with the most votes on the poll will be awarded the DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year.
Think you have what it takes to be the 2021 winner? Tag us in your roofing projects with the hashtag #DECRAProjectoftheYear. For more information on how to submit your project, plus contractor resources, continue reading below.
How do I submit my project?
Contractors can submit high-resolution images, along with project details here between July 13, 2021 and December 1, 2021.
The timeline is as follows:
- Submissions accepted through December 1, 2021.
- Finalists determined by December 6, 2021.
- Voting on Facebook opens December 7, 2021 - December 21, 2021.
- Winner announced January 4, 2021.
What do I get if I win?
Bragging rights, of course! Beyond that, we feature the Project of the Year Winner in a DECRA blog post, case study and social shares. See here for last year's winner.
As the winner of the 2020 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year, Western Sierra Roofing also received a Swenson Shear Stone Coat Cutter for metal roof applications. This year the prizes will be even bigger and better.
What if I don’t install DECRA Metal Roofing?
All entries must include DECRA panels to be considered for the Project of the Year. That said, it’s easy to start installing DECRA Metal Roofing!
To start, we encourage you to check out our Knowledge Base. Here, you’ll find how-to guides and videos that demonstrate the proper installation techniques for DECRA roofs. We also regularly publish content to our blog with helpful contractor resources. Sample posts include:
- 5 Metal Roofing Myths, Debunked
- 7 Questions Contractors Can Anticipate from Homeowners About DECRA Metal Roofing
- Filling the Increasing Demand for Qualified Metal Roofing Professionals
- Common Mistakes to Avoid When Installing Metal Roofing
Additionally, we ask those interested in installing DECRA Metal Roofing to subscribe to our contractor network. This will give you access to:
- New contractor rebate programs.
- Marketing materials.
- Important updates and special offers.
Why should I start installing DECRA Metal Roofing?
The demand for metal roofing has doubled in recent years, making it the second most popular material for residential homes. Much of this is attributed to the following reasons among homeowners:
- Want a roofing system that delivers long-lasting performance in climate extremes.
- Increased adoption of residential solar systems to maximize a home’s energy efficiency and lower utility bills.
- Preference on design and style.
- Desire for more environmentally-friendly roofing choices.
- Rising popularity of net-zero homes.
As consumer interest in metal roofing steadily increases, the ability to connect homeowners with qualified contractors is not easy.
Roofing contractors should seize this opportunity to capitalize on a growing market, and align their business model around what homeowners want now and in the future. In doing so, roofing contractors can benefit from a lucrative and premium product offering.
Plus, most homeowners interested in metal roofing value durability and longevity over trying to find the cheapest option. As any roofing contractor knows, these are often the easiest customers because they’re willing to invest to get the job done right.
Ready to Expand Your Service Offerings?
If you don’t currently install DECRA, that’s ok! By adding it to your service offerings, you’ll tap into a distinguished market of homebuyers who aren’t willing to sacrifice on style or strength. In turn, you’ll be known for installing premium roofs. When you’re ready to get started, contact one of our roofing experts for more information and be sure to submit your first job for consideration for the 2021 Project of the Year!
If you do currently install DECRA, make sure to submit an entry for the 2021 Project of the Year.