The DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year recognizes the craftsmanship of roofing contractors across the country that install our products.
The rules for the contest are simple: submissions must use DECRA Metal Roofing products and be completed by the end of 2022. An internal team of roofing experts then scored each entry based on factors, such as design complexity and uniqueness. From there, the top six entries with the highest overall scores are named finalists and posted on DECRA’s social media accounts for the public to vote on a winner.
Before announcing the winner, we have to mention that the entries for the 2022 Project of the Year were simply breathtaking. Choosing the six finalists out of the overwhelming number of submissions was extremely difficult given the exemplary work and distinctly beautiful aesthetics of each submission.
But alas, there can only be one winner, which brings us to the moment you’ve all been waiting for.
The award for DECRA Metal Roofing’s 2022 Project of the Year goes to…
MINT Exteriors, Waxahachie, Texas: The Winner of the 2022 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year
MINT Exteriors submitted a project using DECRA Villa Tile on a home in Waxahachie, Texas. The home’s 25-year-old concrete tile roof suffered severe wind damage and required a complete roof replacement.
Initially, clay tile was considered for the roof replacement, but after the homeowner learned about DECRA Villa Tile, they were quick to choose DECRA due to its many benefits including:
- Longevity: DECRA roofs have a lifespan that is 2 to 3 times longer than traditional roofing materials, such as asphalt shingles and clay tiles.
- Durability: After sustaining substantial wind damage, the homeowner wanted a roof that could withstand high winds. Since DECRA Metal Roofs are approved for use in high-velocity hurricane zones such as Miami-Dade county, which has the strictest building codes in the nation, metal roofing was an easy choice for the homeowner.
- Style: Given the style and architecture of the home, a clay or concrete tile roof was required. The homeowner was amazed at how a metal roof provided the same aesthetics as traditional clay tile, but with the strength that only stone-coated steel can provide.
Working closely with the experts at MINT Exteriors, the homeowner chose DECRA Villa Tile in Charcoal to bring out a brilliant contrast to the home’s white paint exterior and bright curb hues.
While durability and style were two of the main benefits that won the homeowner over, the product warranty that DECRA Metal Roofing offers was equally vital in their decision.
As roofing contractors, one of the key selling points is the product warranty.
All DECRA roofing products come standard with one of the most comprehensive Lifetime Limited Warranties on the market. The warranty includes:
- Coverage for winds up to 120 MPH and hail penetration up to 2.5” in diameter.
- The ability to transfer the warranty from one homeowner to another within 20 years of the initial installation.
About MINT Exteriors
MINT Exteriors is the one-stop shop for contracting and insurance claims in Ellis County, Texas. Their extensive menu of services includes residential and commercial roofing, storm repair and restoration, pergolas, solar installations and more. Customers love MINT exteriors because they provide great communication with easy, quick and efficient support–especially when dealing with insurance claims and adjusters.
MINT Exteriors serves all of Dallas-Ft. Worth areas and has been offering DECRA Metal Roofing products for more than five years. According to owner Travis Hengst, “DECRA is the best roofing system available.”
Enter the 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year
Do you have what it takes to win the award in 2023? Submissions for the 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year will open in March.
If you don’t already install DECRA Metal Roofing, it’s easy to get started. Simply register to join our contractor network, and one of our metal roofing experts will reach out and help get you started.
The entire team at DECRA Metal Roofing would like to thank all the roofing contractors that participated in the 2022 DECRA Roofing Project of the Year contest. We can’t wait to see what you install in 2023!