Attention roofing contractors – the submission period for the 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year is officially open!
We were overwhelmed by the number of incredible projects that y’all shared with us on social media this past year, so don’t be shy–we know you’ve got what it takes to win!
Submissions are accepted through December 15, 2023, so now is the time to flex your finesse and submit your best DECRA Metal Roofing project to compete for the title of DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year.
The winner of the 4th annual DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year competition will be announced on January 24, 2024 and join the esteemed company of previous award winners, including:
2022: MINT Exteriors
2021: Bison Roofing
2020: Western Sierra Roofing
2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year Rules
Entering the contest is fast, easy, and free. Here’s what else you need to know to compete for the 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year award.
How to Enter
- Entries must be received by December 15, 2023.
- The project must feature one of the following DECRA Metal Roofing profiles:
- DECRA Villa Tile
- DECRA Tile
- DECRA Shingle XD
- DECRA Shake XD
- DERA Shake
- Eligible projects must be completed by December 15, 2023.
- Contractors may (and are encouraged to) submit more than one project.
- Entries must be submitted online here.
- Once the contest closes on December 15, 2023, six finalists will be chosen by an internal DECRA Metal Roofing panel. Entries will be judged on craftsmanship and uniqueness. Once the six finalists are determined, images of each project will be posted on DECRA Metal Roofing’s Facebook page where the voting will take place.
- The project with the most votes will take the crown.
The winner will receive a Swenson Shear Base and Ridge Bender ($3,995 value).
A combination tool used for bending stone-coated steel to control water from blowing into the roofing system. Ideal for anywhere there’s a short course in the field, headwall and ridge. The bender bends stone-coated steel panels at the rakes, side walls, hips and valleys to control water from moving sideways into the roof. It is proudly designed and manufactured in the USA.
- Maximum ridge bend of 55 inches
- Weighs 125 pounds
- Can be used with any stone-coated steel manufacturer's panel
Learn more about Swenson Shear’s line of innovative tools that speed the process, improve the quality and ease the difficulty of metal roof panel preparation and installation on their website.
The 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year winner will also have a featured article on the DECRA blog and promotion across all DECRA social media accounts.
Be sure to read about the 2022 Project of the Year winner, MINT Exteriors, as well as a recent article about Swenson Shear’s line of stone-coated metal roofing tools.
The winner will also receive a three-month R-CLUB membership ($150 value) from RoofersCoffeeShop. Your membership gets you an interactive directory, media opportunities, a digital toolkit and more.
- Submissions are accepted through December 15, 2023.
- Finalists determined by December 29, 2023.
- Voting on Facebook opens on January 3, 2024.
- Winner announced on January 24, 2024.
Enter the 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year Today!
Think you have what it takes to be the 2023 DECRA Metal Roofing Project of the Year winner? Submit your best DECRA Metal Roofing project today!
Interested in adding DECRA Metal Roofing to your service offerings and setting your roofing business apart from the competition? Metal roofing is the second most popular roofing material in the U.S. and demand for metal roofing is at an all-time high.
In many areas, homeowner demand exceeds the supply of qualified DECRA Metal Roofing installers. The best part? Getting started is easy and free.
Contact us today to get started and tap into this rapidly growing market of homeowners to position your business as an installer of premium products.