As the original innovator of stone-coated metal roofing, with a history of resilience going all the way back to World War II, DECRA Metal Roofing has offered an impressive array of modern metal roofing products since 1957.
With more than 30 colors and five styles, DECRA uses the strength of steel with acrylic bonded granular stone coatings to replicate the style of any roofing material.
But, how do you know which DECRA product is right for you? Read on to find the right fit for your project.
What are my options for DECRA Metal Roofing?
DECRA offers a wide variety of colors, styles and textures to choose from to suit even the most discerning of tastes. The DECRA product line is especially ideal for homeowners with traditional roofing materials like asphalt shingles, clay tiles or wood shakes who want to keep the look and feel of their existing roof, but also want the added protection of a DECRA metal roof. The DECRA product line includes:
DECRA Villa Tile: Exquisitely replicating the vivid level of detail and dimension of Old-World Italian clay tiles, DECRA Villa Tile brings durable beauty in the classic barrel-style shape without the deficiencies of clay, which cracks easily, and is vulnerable to hail and storm debris impact.
DECRA Tile: The traditional clay tile roof is a mandatory design element for enhancing the exotic cupolas and complex roof tiers prevalent in Mediterranean themes. DECRA Tile provides this essential scalloped-style aesthetic without the shortcomings of clay.
DECRA Shingle XD: Ideal for designs relying on the the look of heavy-cut shingles, DECRA Shingle XD provides the thick-cut edges and deep, distinctive shadow lines of architectural shingles at half the weight, and with the strength and longevity that only stone-coated metal can offer.
DECRA Shake XD: The distinct beauty and architectural detail of a rustic, hand-split wood shake can endure for decades with DECRA Shake XD. The durability and strength of stone-coated metal requires little-to-no maintenance and won't turn gray after a few months like traditional wood shake.
DECRA Shake: The distinctive shadow lines of cedar shake provide a rich, thick and heavy appearance that compliments any home. DECRA Shake provides this sophisticated design element without the ongoing maintenance or environmental shortcomings of conventional shake.
After request and approval, DECRA can even create custom color blends. And while many homeowners appreciate the fact that DECRA can replicate the look of traditional designs without sacrificing on strength or style, they also learn to love the short- and long-term benefits of metal roofing.
What are the benefits of metal roofing?
Are you looking for a roofing material that not only enhances the strength and style of your home, but also boosts its value? DECRA has got you covered, literally. Our rigorously tested stone-coated products offer:
- Efficiency: Modern metal roofs can reduce cooling costs by 25% by deflecting thermal radiation up and away from the building. As impressive as that is, DECRA’s acrylic bonded granular stone coatings excel in thermal performance against asphalt shingles by reducing solar heat gain with improved thermal resistance that even uncoated metal roofs can’t match. That’s important when modern building codes include “cool roofing” energy efficiency standards, such as California’s Title 24.
- Durability: All DECRA products come with a Lifetime Limited Warranty that covers winds up to 120 miles per hour and hail up to 2.5 inches in diameter. Protective layers, plus a unique interlocking system, add resistance to the toughest of elements. To ensure added durability, DECRA goes above and beyond the requirements, and voluntarily conducts additional testing through an independent third-party lab for physical properties, like material thickness, coating quality, film adhesion and more. DECRA has even performed extensive wind-driven rain testing at speeds up to 110 mph to protect its roofing profiles against water penetration under the most extreme wind conditions. That’s why DECRA’s Lifetime Limited Warranty is transferable to a new owner for up to 20 years after the original installation.
- Longevity: Metal roofs have a lifespan that is two to three times longer than traditional roofing materials. Eliminating the need for a roof replacement every 12 to 20 years, and the costly expense of ongoing roof maintenance, are some of the most lucrative returns on investment enjoyed by DECRA homeowners.
- Profitability: A modern metal roof can increase home value by up to 6%. What’s more, homeowners who renovate their home with metal roofing are typically able to recoup an extremely high rate of the roof’s cost, 85.9% according to national averages, with homes in the Eastern states recouping up to 95.5%.
These are just some of the many benefits metal roofing provides.
What are my installation options with DECRA Metal Roofing?
The choice between direct-to-deck or batten installations will depend on your individual project needs, the condition of the existing roof and the recommendation of your contractor. Fortunately, DECRA Metal Roofing products are conveniently designed for either direct-to-deck or batten installations.
- Direct-to-Deck: These installations are just what the name implies–the roofing material is installed directly onto the roof (roof deck). This is often the best choice for intricate roof designs and areas where architectural elements require key precision.
- Battens: These installations are commonly referred to as Above Sheathing Ventilation (ASV) roofing systems by professionals. Roofing materials are attached on top of a 2’x2’ wood batten grid, creating a 1-½” continuous airspace. Batten installations are ideal when energy efficiency is a high priority, especially when the roof must comply with rigorous environmental standards, such as those set forth by California’s Title 24. Batten installations are also ideal for roofovers as they provide an uninterrupted level surface.
DECRA: A Top Choice for Industrial Durability and Architectural Beauty
From Alaska to California to Ontario, DECRA Metal Roofing products have excelled through some of the harshest weather conditions around the world for over 60 years. When you’re ready to explore our selection of products, make sure to check out our Roof Designer to see how good a DECRA roof will look on your home.